Baking Fool - aka Pumpkin Banana Bread
I wanted to showcase my little helper who helped mommy make some pumpkin banana bread.
Isaiah really just wanted to use the mixer, which as a good mother, I could not allow... But he did stir the batter a little for me. Oh boys will be boys!! He's such a sweet one, and he loves to help! Now on to the recipe...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour (one loaf, or 40 minutes if using mini loaf pans)
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour (1 cup all purpose, one cup whole wheat OR 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 1/2 X 4 1/2-inch loaf pan (or 4 mini loaf pans) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place mashed banana, pumpkin puree, oil, egg and egg whites in a large bowl. Beat with an electronic mixer on low speed.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to banana and pumpkin mixture and beat until just moist.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick placed in center comes out clean.
The recipe comes from this website. It literally does take 10 minutes to mix up, and it's soooooo very yummy. I didn't change the recipe from the original that I found, because it was just that good. John even likes it, and he doesn't tend to like many baked goods! I must admit that it is quite delicious when you have it warm with pumpkin pie ice cream and caramel sauce on top, which is a nice little fix if you are a pumpkin addict like me...
So easy, so yummy, so great for getting rid of browned bananas... Enjoy!